Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Perforated ear drum, nights fluids comming out, infection ?

I have had a perferated ear drum for many years , is it possible I could have a very low grade infection that goes undetected but causes me to be tired and feel run down. There has been drainage periodically and I ve had it treated by an ear dr with drops. I have had blood work, xrays, scans , never a scan on my ear and everything always comes back ok ear seems to be moist more often than not, some nights fluids comes out of it, clean no odor? Is it possible there could be a low grade undetectable infection in the middle ear or mastoid cavity?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear healthy151
Hello I am Dr sharma ENT surgeon On the basis of info you have provided it appears you are suffering form Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media Tubo tympanic disease. Moist clear discharge is not suggestive of infection. I would suggest you to contact and ENT surgeon. You will need a ear check up, audiogram, routine tests of blood and urine and operative intervention in your ear. If u plan to keep your ear dry and keep a watch on it --- with every infection in ear your hearing will further worsen So consult an ENT surgeon and think of an operative intervention . I hope this answers your concern with regards Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Fri, 20 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
welcome to hcm

you seem to be having unresolved chronic otitis media, pl get a complete course of antibiotics along with antiallergic medications along with the ear drops
get a surgery done once the ear is dry

Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor