Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Pelviectasis, inflamation on kidney. Risk of kidney failure?

I have been in pain long time ago, but last year; working my pain was really bad. I went to the doctor, he got to make several test but he told me I just have an inflammation on my right kidney. I got out my file about all my medical studies. I'm reading on them that I have Mild right pelviectasis. I'm scared about be in risk of failure kidneys because sometime now I fell pain on my left kidney too
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  487
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi and thanks for the query,

It is important for you to get a complete kidney function work up. Serum creatinine levels, blood urea nitrogen levels, a complete electrolyte panel with emphases on mainly calcium and potassium levels is important. A serum Glomerular filtration rate shall give a direct reading for kidney failure or not. An abdominal ultrasound is needed to ascertain the size, the shape, the structure and detect any kidney stones, cysts or tumors that could present. Dilation of urine collecting tubules would also be ascertained with this exams.

The opinion of a nephrologist is very important under such circumstances. I suggest you book an appointment with a nephrologist. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor