Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Pelvic pain, irregular spotting. Ultrasound shows calcification. No trouble due to young age?

I am 30 years old and have on going pelvic pain and irregular spotting the bleading over the past year has increased to every time durring intercourse. In 2010 I had an ultrasound that reads my ovaries appear normal in size and shape however, on transabdominal images there is a questionable ill-defined mass with hyperechoic areas suggestive of calcification with shadowing in the right adnexal region. I had a CT with oral contrast only and the radiologist determined there were no signs of a mass but felt the images were sub optimal due to no IV contrast. I let it go at that then but I m still having problems and no doctors I have seen seem to be to concerned. Posabuly due to my young age? Idk please give me answers.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear customer,

The irregular bleeding associated with questionable mass in the uterine adnexal should be investigated.

You should have the mri scan of the lower abdomen to know the cause and if required fnac of the mass to know the underlying pathology.

The other causes of such irregular menstrual cycle like genital infection, thyroid disorders, anxiety, hormonal imbalance should also be ruled out by having the relevant investigations done.

Thank you
Answered: Sat, 1 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor