Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Pelvic pain and pressure in vagina. Have ovarian cysts. Any surgery needed for permanent cure?

I have ovarian cysts and suffer a lot of discomfort associated with them... One being pelvic pain and pressure around my vagina . Somedays it s debilitating. Of course my doctor prescribes narcotics but is there any kind of surgery available to eleviate the pain & problem permantly? I don t want to continue covering the problem I would like it resolved.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

It is important to diagnose the type of cyst causing pain. Generally the endometriotic cyst in ovary cause pain.

Please ask your gynecologist for ultrasound to check if endometriotic cyst and if it is confirmed, you might get well by laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor