Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Pelvic inflammatory disease

What is the drug of choice for pelvic inflammatory disease ?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Nov 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  522
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
Ofloxacin with or without metronidazole is used
but according to stage the drugs are prescribed u need to consult some gyanaecologist will help,,nothing to panic u will be fine soon
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
April is National STD Awareness Month. If you're living with Pelvic inflammatory disease, Herpes, HPV, Hepatitis or other STDs, you're invited to join, the Official STD Support & Dating site.
It offers people with STD unique and safe environment to learn STD medical treatments, get help and advice, find trusted people to talk, meet new friends and partners. All personal information is private and anonymous.
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
  User's Response
Hello , Pelvic inflammatory disease, or PID, is an inflammation of a woman's upper reproductive tract, including the structures of the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. Salpingitis, inflammation of the fallopian tubes, is the most common manifestation of the disease. PID is known to be a long-term consequence of many sexually transmitted diseases as well as of bacterial vaginosis (BV), pelvic surgery, and other gynecologic procedures that cross the cervix. Treat with antibiotics is not completely ,       There is a doctor's traditional Chinese medicine can treat it.The medicine called "Fuyan Pill" to treats PID to be effective .One month symptom reduces, three month inspections are normal ."Fuyan Pill" is very effective, is very good .
Answered: Sat, 24 Sep 2011
  Anonymous's Response
In many cases of pelvic inflammatory disease, Ofloxacin with or without metronidazole is used. However some patients must be hospitalized according to their condition.
My website
Answered: Tue, 9 Nov 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor