Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Pelvic bone injury, lump on pelvic area, done icing, painful. Should I be worried?

about two weeks ago I crashed my bicycle and my pelvic bone took most of the brunt. I had a pretty bad bruise and swelling for a week, but now the bruise and swelling is mostly gone except for a hard lump that has formed on my upper right pelvic area. I put ice on it for the first two days and than heat for the next few, but hard lump remains. Over all my pelvic area is a little sore and the lump causes mild pain. Just today I realized that the lump had moved upward and a little further right, I am not sure what is going on. Should I be worried? - by the way I am a 33 year old female. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  397
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, The swelling which you have been having at the site of impact might be a local accumulation of blood which has clotted and become hard (haematoma). The tenderness might take a few days to go away. Nevertheless, as you have not been seen by a physician to confirm this, it is better to meet one, an x ray might be needed to exclude slight pelvic fractures( though you do not seem to be having one assuming the fact that you are very ambulant). if it is a haematoma , just conservative treatment might be enough unless it is infected ,when it has to be evacuated. Hope you get better soon. take care!
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor