Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Peeling skin on finger, red spots, blisters, sensitive skin. Should I cover it?

Im a 20 year old female. Two weeks ago the skin on my left ring finger began peeling and just kept peeling and peeling. A few days later i noticed one side of the finger has a pea sized, red, tough spot and the other side has a cluster of very tiny bumps. Possibly blisters- theyre too small to tell. while a ring of yet-unpeeled but loose skin encircles a good 50% of my finger, Another layer is beginning to peel from the fresh skin. No pain or itching, just a bit of extra sensitivity. What could it be? I m afraid it could be contageous. Should I cover it?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello dear, u r probably suffering from an eczema called as pompholyx. if u can please send a picture of that, i may help you. covering is a good option, but after applying some mild steroid cream
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor