Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pea-sized lump near testicle, testicle pain during playing football. Muscular strain?

High, I can feel a small pea sized lump near my right testical. It isn t attached to the ball but is attached to something. Also, I play a lot of football, and after a match I sometimes struggle to walk due to a medium to severe dull ache in the right of my testicles. I have read that this is more commonly a muscular strain.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! The swelling could be a benign cyst from the skin or subcutaneous tissue around the testis, or it may be a benign cyst attached to the testis by a stalk. This swelling could also be from epididymis, but as you say it is not attahced to the testis and so this can be excluded. Anyway, such benign cysts are harmless, but if it is subjected to trauma, they by the way of inflammation give rise to pain and discomfort. For the sake of diagnosis, your doctor may advise you for an ultrasound of both the testicles. He may also prescribe for you a good scrotal support, some antibiotic and anti inflammatory drugs along with advice for rest during the period. Hopefully this information helps you in getting yourself treated. Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor