Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Pea sized bump on inner labia, tenderness, ruptured, white discharge. What is going on?

I have a small pea size bump on my inner labia . It wasn t tender but I squeezed it and thought it ruptured but nothing came out. It seemingly ruptured beneath the skin and is now tender and swollen feeling. I ve had something similar before but when I squeezed it last time it popped and a thicker white substance came out. Should I be concerned that it ruptured beneath the skin? Could this be from toilet paper? Clogging a gland maybe? I have also been on antibiotics for over a week for bronchitis . I have never had a yeast infection that I am aware of. Any ideas or suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

From your description it does sound like either an ingrown hair, a simple cyst or a Bartholin's cyst.

I would advise you not to try opping it as this eill cause further irriation and also expose the region to reinfections.

Please wear a sterile pad, take several sitz baths with warm water and epsom salt and apply warm compresses to the region.

But the main approach would be to visit a doctor and get examined, as your diagnosis could be more tricky than is being assumed here.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor