Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Patient of NHL surgery, obstructive jaundice. What now? MRCP and ERCP after surgery?

A 75 YEAR PATIENT OF NHL SURGERY IN NOV 2009 GIVEN RCHOP AND R BENDAMUSTIN 6 CYCLES EACH LAST THERAPY IN SEPT 10, NOW SLUDGE IN GB ABD CBD IS DILATED LFT VALUES ENLARGED BLOOD COUNTS EXCEPT ESR ALL ARE O.K.heamoglobin above ten obstructive jaundice to be treated with medicines or mrcp and ercp to be got done surgery of sub toal gastjunctomy in nov 2009
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.

If there is a stone in common bile duct then this can be treated endoscopically with ERCP or by open surgery. It is always better to do ERSCp which is less invasive however sometimes it may not be feasible and surgery is the only option. If this obstruction is caused by tumor then he should undergo surgery. Dilated bile duct means that there is serious issues and hiperbilirubinemia and treatment should be started as soon as possible to prevent serious consequances. It can be treated with medications unfortunately.
I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.
Answered: Sun, 4 Jun 2017
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor