Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Patches on skin, taking medicine. Treatment?

i have got patches on my skin form 6 years whta is the treatment i use the medicine but it was too hot and doctor advice me to sit in sun,so i got porblem in my back then i stop eatig tablets what is ur opinion about its remedy thnx
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

From your description, it looks kike you are having vitiligo which is characterized by development of white patches over the skin.
You owe the backache to the medicines. Looks like you have been on long term oral steroids.
Nowadays , we have many treatment options available for vitiligo. I would advise you to see a dermatologist for proper assessment of the extent of the disease in your case and management.
I can assure you that we have so many options available for this disease nowadays and with proper management, you can regain the lost pigment.

Hope it helps
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul
MD (Dermatology)

Answered: Wed, 20 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor