Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Parts of body shake violently, can't see anything for a second. Am I epileptic ?

Well, occasionally when I m at school or home parts of my body will shake violently. I kinda forgot about them and have realized i do it because people see me do it. There are two shakes that I get: The first is where my whole upper torso contorts left and right violently for a second or two then stops. The second is where I ll be reading or drawing or somethings and my eyes will shake and i can t see anything for a second. Am i epileptic or something?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

It is possible that you have epilepsy.

Involuntary movements of parts of body can occur in partial seizures. However, since you are losing consciousness too for a short period, the seizures are getting generalised.

You require evaluation by a neurologist to confirm the diagnosis and start treatment.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor