Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Partner has low libido, been together for many years. Any suggestion to overcome this?

My wife has a very low libido and is not interested in sex. We are both 56 and this has been an issue for years. We otherwise have a good marriage although because of this I have though of a casual fling just to have sex twice in our 23 years of marriage but have not. We have tried counseling but it only helps so far. I really think it s physical. Is there anything that can help her/us with this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Please understand the desire for sexual intercourse or to get aroused by ones partner is purely mental and visual.

Let us try to work on both these stimulants.

1. Psychological/mental: Women (especially after delivery) fell less confident about their body, and even more with passing time. Try to make your partner feel attractive and beautiful. Try to make her feel like she still has the same effect on you that she did previously. This can be achieved by giving her compliments, doing things that make her happy (happiness and an elated mood contributes to an increased hormone production), and give her hints (but, never be direct, as it will only sound crude). Help her around the house, ask her to rest while you do so. Take her for a holiday, stress can be a real deal breaker.

2. Visual: This will be achieved with your body language towards her. Be kind and gentle when ever you deal with her or are around her. But, in my opinion, the most important thing is to make yourself look attractive to her. If you have stopped caring about your appearance, please concentrate on it. May be lose a little weight, or try a new hairstyle. But, make sure you let her find out that you are doing this for her, or you did this for her and so she would like you in your altered avatar.

Instead of a direct approach, try this one. And if done well, I am sure your married life will kick start once again.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to me anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor