Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Partially sited deaf, has traits of asperges, unable to behave in public properly. Any solution ?

hi my name is aaaa , I have a brother who is 37 years old he lives with my mum. I have been taking them out weekly since my dad died 3 years ago. My brother is partialy sited profoundly deaf and has traits of asperges , he likes to go looking in gaget shops and having meals out.The problem is he hates crowds and is fine for a few weeks then he has bouts of challengeing behaviour he sticks his fingers up and makes sexual gestures to the public places the problem is that about 4 times over the past year he has spat in peoples faces .I keep telling my mum that he needs help and mabe some medication could keep him calmer whilst out within the public environment but she says he won t go . Personaly i think she is scared that he might be taken from her and put in a home .Any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks AAAAA
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Sue,

Thanks for posting on HCM

Coupled to your brothers disability he is suffering from a pyschosocial disorder that will require psychiatrist's attention. On my opinion his psychosocial disorder comes from two factors; your mother and his disability. Your mother seems to be the one encouraging this by trying to isolate/protect him and making him feel different, this causes him to actually realize that he has a problem and is different from other people he may meet. Given his age, integrating him directly to the society without prior psychotherapy from a psychiatrist might result to more issues in public. My advise is convince both your mother and brother to meet a doctor. Be diplomatic and do know that your doctor's decision is best for your brother and society. If your brother get to spit or behave abnormally towards another individual with little patience, you might not be happy find him in a much more worst state. So getting him to a doctor is paramount.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor