Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Partial plate on top needs replacement and bottom teeth are loose. Need dentures?

Thank you! I am 66 years old and retired. Although I have medicare, it doesn't cover dental. I live on a very limited income, (below poverty level) and I need some major dental work done. Can you guide me inthe right direction? I have
a partial plate on top that's old and needs replacing and my bottom teeth are very loose. I'm thinking Imneed dentures.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  6 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm,

If your dentures are ill-fitting,please get it replaced as soon as possible.

The ill-fitting dentures can interfere with your speech,occlusion,chewing food etc.

Removable dentures are not costly,please go for it.

Always keep your denture clean .

Fungus can grow,if denture is not cleaned properly.

Always maintain good oral hygiene too.

Chew the food equally with both the sides.
hope this helps.
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sushma Rajesh's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

I understand that you are looking for replacement for your ill fitting denture and need replacement for lower teeth.
There are many institutes which offer dental treatment as subsidized rates who can get your ill fitting upper denture replaced there. If your lower teeth are loose you may need to get them extracted which a dentist will examine and decide. You may have gum infection called periodontitis which causes bone loss and loosened teeth. It is better that you get an OPG [xray] to check the overall condition of your teeth. This will help in proper diagnosis. Go for replacement of missing teeth .

Take Care

Dr.Sushma Rajesh
Answered: Thu, 9 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for posting the query,

Your clinical history and symptoms suggest that you have an upper partial denture which needs to be replaced .

As your bottom teeth are loose you need to visit to the Dentist and get clinical evaluation done , get it removed if needed.
You can get it replaced by complete dentures which will be more beneficial for long term use and economical also.

You can look for any charitable dental trust or any dental college where your treatment can be done at reasonable prices.

Hope this helps out..

Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hello there ,

Removal partial dentures over a period of time wear out and loose the occusal harmony with oral tissues.

As you have mentioned your age is 66 , with the advent of age ,the jaw bones tend to undergo deformation which can also change the fitting of the dentures.

such dentures are ill fitting or loose fitting and may create problem with speech and mastication.

removal dentures cost less as compared to fixed prosthesis and implants .

These dentures are affordable so i would suggest you to get a new denture fabricated as soon as possible .

i hope this helps ,

take care.

Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Anshul Agarwal's  Response
hi.. if you are from india then you can go to govt. dental college or some charitable hospital but you need to have lots of patience and time for this .. \

Good Luck
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Hello and welcome.

As your history suggests that you have a partial plate,you must visit your dentist and get yourself clinically evaluated.

if required get all your loose tooth extracted and go for complete dentures,that will be economical as well as will help you in longer run too.

meanwhile you must maintain very good oral hygiene.

Hope it helps.

Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor