Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Parmanent treatment for Keloids?

hi doctor, i am 26 yrs old,5.0ft tall,no allergies,hardly go to hospital, or hardly get sick, i have kiloids most of my ear piersings have and my belly piersing fell out and i have a big ball on my naval. i had my first baby 10 months ago i had a normal delivery.during the birth of my baby i was cut so i dont tear but i have been feeling itchy ever since the wound healed and when i try to feel were the cut was i feel little bumps about 5 of them. i have keloids that much i no.but i am afraid that it might be growing. please advise on what to do. for the keloids growing down there and the once i would like to disappear and never come back.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  320
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Keloids are overgrowths of fibrous tissue or scars that can occur after an injury to the skin. Ear lobes are common sites due to piercing.It occur most frequently in individuals of African-American descent and in those with darker skin.During skin repair extra collagen forms at the site of the scar and keeps forming because it is not shut off resulting in keloid formation.
It can be successfully treated with injections of corticosteroid directly into scar. Radiation therapy,Cryotherapy,Interferon,Silicone sheets etc can also be used. Larger Lumps like you have on your abdomen can also be removed by excision and surgery.
There are many options you can choose with help of your doctor to get rid of these scars, however you should avoid such scars in future by avoiding any trauma to the skin and compression pressure dressing.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor