Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Paralyzed leg and arm post severe neck pain. MRI showed cervical spondylosis disorder. Is it a neurology or orthopedic issue?

last 8 days my father suffering neck pain , and for this pain his one left size arms and leg is paralised, but other organs are functioning properly. After MRI local doctor suggested this is a Cervical spondolisis disorder. Currently a Nero medicine doctor is giving his treatment. Please advice is this a neurology issue or orthopedic? Can a Nero medicine doctor will cure him, or we need to take him with an orthopedic doctors.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  263
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. cervical spondylos usually dont leed to paralysis. if it happens will be extensive. you have taken MRI it might be mri of spine. mri of the head only reveal the thrombosis if any. spondylosis causing parylysis needs manipulative treatment by orthopedic surgeon
and physio therapist. If thrombosis is excluded treatment by mrthopedic surgeon is a must. if simultaneous thrombosis is present neurologists treatment alone will be suffecient. what ever the reason is, it is completely reversible. but one thing to remember is recovery depends 75%
py. hypertension and cholesterol are to be checkd and monitered. As it will take long time for recovery patience of the patient
Answered: Thu, 28 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor