Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Paralysis on one side of the body due to stroke. Is it necessary to conduct all the tests from the beginning after changing the city for treatment?

Hi Sir my mom had a major stroke last year and she is paralysed on the right she is undertaking treatment under a neurologist in kerala.I wanted to shift her to bangalore where I stay so it is possible for me to continue her monthly check up as how we did in Kerala.Since I am alone here as I am working for an IT it is not possible for me to bring her to the hospital without anybody s help, I also wanted to know if we have any facility i mean to bring her to hospital(ambulance etc.) I also wanted to know if we need to do all the tests right from the begining or is it possible if we could continue treatment from the reports of previous doc
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query. By your query I presume that your mother is in a stable condition and must be having medicines prescribed by the neurologist and also undergoing physiotherapy. I do not see any reason why she cannot be followed up in Bangalore. I suggest that you show all the documents pertaining to your mother to a physician or neurologist with whom you are comfortable around your residence and thereafter proceed with their advice. The physician or neurologist will even guide you to the nearest hospital and/or ambulance service if any need arises.

Wishing your mother a healthy and comfortable life.
Answered: Mon, 28 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor