Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Paralysis due to internal bleeding. Taking Strokcit. Worried

My father suffering disease of attack of paralysis .... due to internal bleeding inside the thalamas. The right side of the body completely paralised. After spending more than 16 days in the hospital my dad can able to move his hand but not succeed to get complete grip and he can standing and walking but its uncertainty about balancing body. Doctor give him dose of controlling blood pressure using dolo tab. And avoiding brain stroke using strokcit tab. I m worry about when doctor says this disease can t be cure completely because their no any medicine available in the world to complete cure on stop brain stroke attack. Doctor days he should have take that dose everyday throughout his remaining life.. his age is close to completing 59 years. Also doctor said this stroke come because high blood pressure. I want consult about my worry because I very much love dad :(
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Mr Rajendra Bhole,

Your father's improvement will be gradual and can be helped by continuing the physiotherapy and exercises which must have been taught in the hospital. It is true that the blood pressure must be kept under good control to prevent a further episode of bleeding. Your doctor is correct that there is no cure once stroke has happened and we can only prevent it by ensuring that the blood pressure is under control. The are of brain which has already been destroyed will not recover, but physiotherapy and exercises will help the surrounding areas to gradually take over the function. To what extent the improvement occurs will not be certain and it is possible that he may be left with an extent of permanent paralysis.

Hope this has clarified some of your questions.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor