Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Panic attacks, fear of death and heart attacks, brain disease. Why?

im so confuse of what i really felt specially in my left body from my head to toe i've been into a lot of medical tests and it turns out negative,im suffering from panic attack as what i have read its symptoms i feel the same way i have a lot of fears right now i dont want to go to the mall,crowded area,even in churceh i dont want to take buses all i want is to stay in the house coz im afraid im going to have an attack outside,please do help me im very scared as if im going to die, or having a heart attack or maybe some of my nerves in my brains will burst please i need a help.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. Panic disorder frequently coexists with agoraphobia i.e characterised by anxiety symptoms associated with closed spaces or crowded places. I would suggest you undergo a psychiatric evaluation to rule out the above disorders in addition to other anxiety disorders.
I would like to reassure you that they are not life threatening conditions. The treatment include anti-anxiety drugs like SSRIs as well as psychotherapy techniques like CBT/Cognitive behavioural therapy. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Nehal Shah's  Response
thanks for using healthcare magic.
Your symptoms can be attributed to anxiety which is very common with Panic attack and agoraphobia.
You should consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and treatment.
Doctor may prescribe anti depressant drugs with anti anxiety property like Paroxetine or escitalopram.
Mean while you can go for stress management and relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation and breathing exercise/

Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

The symptoms you have mentioned as Panic attacks, excessive and irrational fear of crowded places, public places or even church are due to Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia. It is a form of anxiety disorder. It is really painful to patient. I would advise you to please visit a good Psychiatrist for expert evaluation. Both pharmacological and non pharmacological treatment is useful.
Medicines like SSRI as Fluoxetine, Sertaline are very useful
Behavior therapy, Systemic Desensitization are psychological modalities of treatment.

So visit a Psychiatrist for opinion.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms, you are likely to be suffering from an anxiety disorder, probably panic disorder with agarophobia. However a detailed history and psychological assessment is necessary to confirm the diagnosis.

It is important to understand that anxiety can present with not only psychological symptoms but with a lot of physical symptoms also. There are effective treatment options for your problems - in the form of medication and psychotherapy, which will help control these symptoms. So, please consult a psychiatrist for further evaluation and treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor