Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Palate larger than usual and fallen. By gargle will it come back to its place?

Sunday, I ate some crackers and a piece of the cracker scraped against something in my throat and then next day when I began to swollow, it felt like the food hit something in my throat. I looked into my mouth and it looks like my palate is larger than usual and I think that it has also fallen some. How do you get the palate to life back in place. I was told to gargle with salt water and it would eventually go back in place. What would you recommend.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist, Orthodontics 's  Response
Nothing much needs to be done at this moment in time. The palate is normal I think you might not have seen it earlier in detail. You need to use betadine Mouth gargle to keep infection off. Vit B supplements will help. Dont consume very hot and spicy food so that the healing happens fine. If you dont find improvement in the next 48hrs u need to see an ENT
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor