Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Painless lump in armpit. Breastfeeding baby. Which doctor should I consult?

Hello, I have a painless lump in my armpit. I have developed it last 2008 when i was pregnant with my 1st child. I thought it was just because i am developing more breastmilk than the usual. Until now, i still have the lump. I am breastfeeding my 2nd baby who is 1 year and 10 months old. I just want to get this rid of this lump. Please advise. Also, what kind of doctor should i see? Thanks. Lyn Lyn
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  291
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.

i see that it is persistent.

has it increased in size ?

is it soft or hard?

is it fixed or moves with fingers?

any discoloration?

can yu post a photo of the lump here on the website, so that I can tell you more confidently?

it is better you see a general surgeon to get evaluated. since there are many kinds swellings that can occur in the armpit, an in-person checkup is more useful.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.

Good Luck !

May I request you to rate your experience here before you close.

Thank you.

Answered: Thu, 23 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor