Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Painful wart growing from thumb nail. Removed surgically, keeps coming back. Solution?

I have a large wart growing from my thumb nail for years, it grows very big, it sticks out from the side of my thumb about the size a little larger then a pea, it throbs with pain, I have had it surgically removed 3 times, it keeps coming back, the surgeon said he cut it right to the bone, removed nail, he just said we will try again surgical, I don t seem it much point, it s been 3 times now, don t seem much point going back again, will I have this forever, is there anything I can do? I tried all the treatments prior to my 3 attempts of surgery.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
hi, it needs to b removed now . but if it reappears this time after surgery, when it's small size, u can opt for chemical cautery of it . thanks
Answered: Sat, 17 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor