Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Painful thumb. Injected cortizone. Will this be effective?

I have having severe problems with pain at the base of my thumbs. I have been to an orthopedic doc 2 times now. He has injected cortizone both times. He said that the next step would be surgery. He told me about a surgery that will take 3 months to recover. I can t take 3 months off of work. Is there a surgery that has less recovery time, and still be affective? If so, I would need a doctor near St. Louis.
Thu, 28 Nov 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for your query.
Painful thumb could occur due to tendinitis or arthritis. Giving cortisone injection will be helpful in relieving the inflammation. If it reoccurs surgery might required. You can search doctor near St. Louis through healthcaremagic.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor