Painful throat, difficulty swallowing, non active TB. Tested for strep, tested for meningitis, negative. What is it?

I was having extreme pain on one side of my throat and I was tested for strep with the result being negative. They gave me a steroid and it was fine the next day. About two weeks later it reappeared so I happened to look in my throat to find white pus. Another strep culture came back negative. My doctor then started doing blood test and everything came back negative except meningitis. It seemed to to away again, but then today my throat began to hurt again to where it becomes difficult to swallow anything. What might this be? Side note I have also recently been diagnosed with the non active tuberculosis.
Mon, 10 Jun 2013
Hello user,
The pain you are getting might be due to swollen lymph nodes, due to the TB infection you are having.

Just have your nodes examined by a nearby doctor and if that's not due to TB then it might be due to simple throat infection or tonsillitis, which will require only antibiotics, pain killers and some antiinflammatory medicines !

hope my info helped you
regards
Dr Hari Om Chandrakar
MBBS