Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Painful, tender, large lump on thigh near the genital. Advice

I have a hard lump/bump on my right thigh near the genital. It was at first small and painless. When i first noticed it was like a pimple just larger. Some pus also came out. Since then its grown much larger and became painful and tender. The lump is horizontal. 1/2 in wide and almost 2 in wide. It hurts to walk because of it.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
I can think of possibilities of furuncle( boil) , or a lymph node which has ruptured.
Do you have any sore or rash over your genitals?
Some times a cold abscess due to TB can present like this. It is usually painless but can become painful if seconarily infected
I would recommend you to consult a dermatologist. You will require a course of oral anti biotics.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 14 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor