Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Painful subcutaneous hard bruised nodules. What are these?

From time to time, I have acutely painful subcutaneous slightly hardish little blood clots / lumps? They occur most frequently in my fingers. To touch the bruise-coloured tiny lump is most painful; they usually disappear in a few days. They are NOT bruises in the normal sense. They are slightly deepr than a bruise, have an outline, and are round little nodule-like lumps.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Dear vanwy..your description fits into a couple of skin conditions. Raynaud's phenomenon, erythema nodosum & arteritis are a few that spring to mind. However, this is a tricky subject especially when involving skin vasculature & hence needs to be seen in person by a dermatologist & assessed together with the relevant blood-work to arrive at a definitive plan of managment. Do feel free to visit your nearby dermatologist or you may contact one of us with further details on this HCM portal using the 'ask-a-doctor; feature. regds & hope you are soon pain free & lesions resolve. Cheers!
Answered: Fri, 10 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor