Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Painful, red, raised area on labia. Used Desitin, zinc oxide, Balmex. Help

I have a painful red raised area on my labia majora that looks to be about the size of a dime. I can only see it when I use a mirror and lamp aimed at it due to being obese. I am wheelchair bound too. I have used Desitin, zinc oxide , balmex, nysatin powder(which made it hurt even more). none of these have cleared it. please help me out. thank you. Kathy
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  219
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, thanks for posting your query
You seem to have a fungal infection which is probably secondarily infected . You need to take oral antibiotic and oral antifungal along with antibiotic cream .
Analgesic for pain
Maintain proper hygiene
keep the area dry
Consult a doctor for examination and diagnosis and treatment accordingly.
Hope this helps you.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor