Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Painful pimple in the anus. What is causing this? Difficulty in sitting. Treatment?

hello....i am a 22 years old guy....i developed sore above my anus one year back which appears like a big pimple .It hurts specially when i sit on it.....then quiet after sometimes the pain is gone but there is still hole in the same spot.I just need to know what s the cause?Is it serious?What remedy should i take to get rid of it?or is there any harmful effects?help please.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  575
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to heathcare Magic!
A persisting sore in anal region is likely to be a pilonidal sinus or more lokely a anal fistula.
Both the condition are difficult to heal by themselves and with medicines either.
They need surgical intervention where a local drainage or a resection of the tract helps in healing.
So please get a visit to a surgeon who would possibly solve this issue permanently.

Wish you a great health!
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor