Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Painful mass of skin on cheek. Help

Hi I have this very painful mass of skin small ball kinnda looking is the best way to describe it since I have no clue what it is. It hurts so much I thought it was something with my wisdom tooth but no its on my cheek. I hurts when I bit to eat and even when I can eat I end up hitting the mass of skin in my cheek and makes it worse. It gets way worse at night not letting me sleep :( please help me
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and thank you for your question.
Based on your description it sounds like you have an infection in your wisdom tooth which has spread to the buccal space in your mouth and has caused this area to swell up. It is very important to go into the dentist to get a Panoramic radiograph, vitality testing in the teeth and determine if extractions are necessary, or you need an immediate incision and drainage with antibiotic therapy to get the infection under control.

Best regards

Dr. Ward
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor