Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Painful lumps in the vagina after childbirth. Need treatment?

Hi, i recently gave birth and the doctor had to cut between my vegina and rectum . I recently noticed several lumps on my vegina and they are a little painful.some lumps are small and other a little bigger . Should I be worry about this ? What is causing these lumps? Is there a treatment for them? Should I seek medical help?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  159
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there.

Small lumps in the vagina after delivery could be due to blood collection in the dead spaces which have been created in your vaginal tissue due to tears or cuts.

If the lumps look red or bluish and extremely painful to touch then you should see your doctor immediately. Also if they have been increasing in size then it suggests gradually blood is collecting in them.

The other possibility can be vaginal cysts. These are most commonly caused by imperfect healing of vaginal cuts which occur after child birth.

You need to visit your gynecologist soon.

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor