Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Painful lump under arm, should i be concerned ?

When I woke up this morning I had a pain in my left underarm, when I looked I saw that there is a large lump there, it is not red but feels sore , should I see my GP??
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Do you have fever also?
What are the other symptoms u are feeling?
swollen lump could be lymph node which swell up due to infections.
or it could be cyst or lipoma.
or it could be infected hair root
or rarely if u are old age,could be sign of breast cancer
Any lump in the body need to be examined for.
See your GP.
Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

A painful lump with such a short history over a occluded hairy area of body, indicates a FOLLICULITIS(Boil). Consults GP for a course of antibiotic and antibacterial cream .If it doesn't subside with this then think of other possibilities .

Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor