Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Painful lump on the back of shoulder/neck, unable to raise arm. Tried Motrin, cold compress, heating pad. What could this be ?

I am a 36yr old male. I am in considerably good health, however for about 6 months I have had a lump on the back of my shoulder/ neck . It s painful and hard. It hasn t gotten absolutely painful and today I was unable to raise my arm or turn my head. I ve taken Motrin and used a cold compress and heating pad . What could this be all about. I m a Vet and if no relief by morning my wife is insisting I go to the ER. Any advice on what this could be about?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
from history it seems that you might be having either Infected enlarged lymph node or Infected sebaceous cyst or Lipoma.
Consult surgeon and get examined.
After proper diagnosis plan of treatment can be decided accorfingly.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor