Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Painful lump on pubic area. Pus, blood comes out. How to get rid off it?

Hi my name is Eden im 25/f and i have been gettin a painful lump or bump at the top of my pubic area closer to the belly. its the size of a quarter and sticks out about half an inch. Its very painful and sometimes pus and blood comes out i went to the doc and i dont have an std so idk what to do. its hard to do anything hwhen my pants touch it i wanna cry i tried to burst it but h ghurts even more.. did i mention theres no hair hair
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description it seems , it could be a furuncle or boil. A furuncle is a bacterial infection of hair follicle and adjoining areas. To treat the same, do warm water compresses of the area and apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin or fusidic acid cream. if painful, take oral analgesic like ibuprofen. usually warm water compresses liquidify the contents inside and help the lesion drain spontaneously. However if the lesion does not seem to resolve consult a doctor near by so that you can be started on oral antibiotic for faster resolution if lesion.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor