Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Painful lump in the inner butt cheek. What could it be? Concerned?

My son is 9 months old and there is a really painful lump in his inner butt cheek this is the second time this happens the first time we were directed to go to the hospital which the surgeon had it lanced and gave us an antibiotic to use what should I do this time we went to see the doctors again and they gave us the same antibiotic
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
If there is pus formation it should be surgically managed by incision and drainage. If tehre is only redness then it can heal spontaneously or by antibiotics. This time try to find cause of this. there can be allergic reaction to diapers or some baby cream. Ask your pediatrican for atiseptic lotions or powder. Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor