Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Painful lump in the buttocks. Worried

I have this marble sized painful lump inside my inner right butt cheek, when I walk it's slightly uncomfortable but only painful when touched. It feels like it's a small ball. It's not red and not really noticeable when you see it, only when you feel it. I dont know what this could be and i'm quite worried, im a 15 year old female.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for placing your query with Health Care magic
What you describe can be a range of things
1. Lipoma: its a a very localised overgrowth of fat. It can occur anywhere on the body
2. Sebacous cyst: It a cyst with collected sebaceous material within the skin.
There are a few other soft tissue swellings too that can happen in this region.
The only treatment is removal of these swellings surgically but they are slow growing and you can wait for a while.
3. It can be the beginning of an abscess (collection of pus) although unlikely as you said it is not painful or red. But still you should get yourself examined by a pediatric surgeon to get a proper diagnosis. If it is an abscess then you will require to take antibiotics and analgesics ( and drainage of the pus)
Hope that helps
God bless you
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor