Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Painful knee, cartilage at knee joint reduced. Done arthroscopy. What can be done?

having a pain in the knee.the cartilage at knee joint reduced. a small stone seen at knee joint.
one doctor advised to remove as early as possible science it may damage the joint more.
another dortor said if it gives regularly pain then we can think for operation/ arthoscopy. He further said that my knee may required a knee replacement in future since the present knee situation is showing we can wait for some time for both problems. what shall i do know pl.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

I have read complete details of your question.

It looks from your details that most probably you may be having loose bodies in your knee.The loose bodies are part of the soft part of the knee or hard part of knee arising from structures with in knee.

These can also be due to inflection ,inflammation or other reasons.

These harm by rubbing over the soft & smooth articular surface of knee.

These bodies should be removed by arthroscopic or by open procedure.

You should consult to your orthopedic surgeon for this.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor