Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Painful holes in gums, discomfort in moving mouth, talking or eating. Remedy?

Hi I am seventeen and had my wisdom teeth removed around four years ago due to a crowded mouth. I have recently developed three small holes in my gums and they are very painful. They hurt and sting whenever I Move my mouth or talk and it feels horrible if any food or drink touches them. I have one on the left side of my mouth towards the front (bottom), one on the right near the back (bottom), and another on the right (top) near the front. They are all near where my gums connect to my cheek and hurt really bad, please help?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  432
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
according to the history presented by you i would like to inform you that i won't be able to provide you with the diagnosis , as clinical check up needs to be done first.
you have mentioned that you have sensitivity ,this is due to recession of gums and dentine exposure.
These holes seem to be periodontal pockets, and need a dentist's attention.
as you said your teeth are crowded, therefore in such cases, periodontitis is very common.
i would recommend you to visit your dentist, get your teeth cleaned, as well as maintain your oral hygiene.
i wosh you good health,
take care.
Answered: Fri, 27 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor