Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Painful bump in pubic area, popped with white pus, bigger now. What could it be ?

painful bump/ pimple like thing in pubic area, have popped it and at first white puss came out and it popped like 3 different times with white puss,,,it swelled up to bigger than a halfdollar and popped one more time and clear puss and blood shoot out,, now the bump is pitted inwards and oozing,, i already pulled the hairs out from that area,,,what could it be? i noticed it 5 days ago,, its small now but still painful
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1089
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
It is an abscess and you have drained the pus by popping out the whitish pus-like discharge from it. you will need an oral antibiotics (such as cloxacillin) or a topical such as clindamycin or erythromycin cream on the affected area and associate with an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen.

Wish you the best.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Himanshu Pandey's  Response
Hi punx ! Don't irritate that area. Clean the surface with spirit. Apply wound cream or betadine, apply cotton and bandage, so it won't rub . Wear new under wear, wash old with dettol, take antibiotic like ciprofloxacin and pain killer like diclofenac. If situation remain same please consult your doctor. Be healthy .bye.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor