Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Painful bump in ear, painful to touch, headache. Is this cyst?

hello, i have recently discovered, today, of a painful bump under my skin right beside the tragus of my right ear...i have never noticed it before until i had touched it and it was painful to the touch.. and it is causing a bit of a headache to my right temporal..can it possibly a cyst? please help... i m very worried.. thank you
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  435
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A small painful lump in front of your tragus is likely to be due to a swollen lymph node. Usually it is indicative an infection in the ear or on the scalp. You need a detailed examination to find out the cause of swelling. Systemic antibiotics will be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 5 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chandana Krishna's  Response
Thank u for choosing HCM...
Its folliculitis in ear and its infection and inflammation of hair follicle in external ear...
-Keep the ear dry..
-Don't try to scratch or touch it
-Gentamicin cream for local application
-Tab Ciplox 500mg twice a day for 5days
Tab. Tolpa-D to decrease inflammation...
Thank u...
Answered: Tue, 5 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor