Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Painful bruise on the knee joint without any injury. Need medical attention?

Male, 55, 200 pounds, Cholesterol about 230, otherwise, no known health problems. No prescription drugs. I have a bruise that has appeared on the inside of my left leg at the knee joint . It has been several weeks and it still appears. It s very light, but dark enough my wife noticed it. Initially there was a lump there, maybe 1 or 2 centimeters. The lump is gone. There is occasional mild pain from the location. I know of no trauma to the affected area. Do I need to seek professional medical advice?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response

make MRI KNEE JOINT to determine problem lead to this pain meniscal tear or inflammation.reuce body weight dont squat to decrease load on knee and dont lift heavy weight.take MRI report and go to orthopaedic specialist then make physio therapy sessions under physical therapist supervision (elctro therapy_ultrasound _stregthening ex_stretching ex) with anti inflammatory medications.
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor