Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Painful breasts, underarm pain, lump in breast, benign cyst, thyroid tissue produces hormones. Had mammogram. Will I be okay?

I am a 38 year old female. I have a few female issues and am not sure if it's all related. I recently started having a sharp burning/stabbing pain in my right breast that travels a dull pain into my underarm. I have had this intense pain off and on for about a week. I just ended my period. Now I feel the same pain, but much duller in the left breast. I had a mammogram about a month and a half ago and it was normal. I do feel a small lump in the right breast where the pain is. I do have a goiter on my thyroid that I have monitored every year (I've had it since I was 18). It's been biopsied and it's a benign cyst with thyroid tissue that produces hormone. I also have difficulty every month with my periods. Every month, two weeks before, I can feel a cyst on my ovary (I started getting them in my early 20's) that causes me pain for several days. Then my breasts swell almost a whole cup size, my abdomen swells and I have pain sitting sometimes. I get acne during the same time. My periods are becoming irregular and "clotty". This is taking over my life.. I usually only have one "normal" week during the month before it starts all over again. I do also have difficulty with intercourse. I have the same swelling, discharge and pain in the abdomen about an hour after intercourse and it can last for a week. This doesn't happen with condom use. I'm starting to wonder if I'm allergic to my husband. My blood tests usually come in the low normal ranges and I'm otherwise a healthy woman. I don't know if age is making me more sensitive or if there is something wrong with me. I can't get a doctor to do anything because my tests come in "normal". Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
Hi there,
I can't pinpoint anything suggesting cancer, but I feel you must see an endocrinologist and especially check your Thyroid function tests.Also an ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis can put to rest any concerns about ovary.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor