Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Painful bony lump on my right heel. What could be the measure ?

i have a painful bony lump on my heel inside area of right foot
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  496
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If you have a lump which is painful on you inside of heel you need to look for:-
-if there is redness ;swelling which is soft it could be a abscess.
-if the lump is hard it could be a ganglion or a overgrowth of a bone.
In either case it is better to get investigated so get an X-ray it will show the difference if it is a bony growth or a abscess.Once the diagnosis is made then you can consult a doctor who will prescribe the necessary medicines;till then to relieve the pain you can take a painkiller if you are not allergic to it.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor