Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Painful and swollen knee, hands. Blood test showed high ESR and CRP. What do you think?

Over the past week my knee has become painful and swollen. The pain has been unbearable, the knee is so swollen I cannot bend it or straighten it and cannot put weight on foot. My hands have become swollen and painful at joints, so bad I can,t even bath properly or dress. I have Been feeling very tired and irritable and have had pains in my legs especially when lying down that starts at the groin radiating down the kegs to the feet. My feet have also been painful and hurt when trying to weight bear. Had a blood test yesterday morning at 9.30am the doctor rang me at 6.10pm to tell me my bllod test showed I had raised levels. She said I had a ESR of 75 and a CRP of 84. I am 47, female, not over weight, I do not smoke. Doctor could not explain why these levels were raised. I have no infection or fever. What do you think and should I be worried. I am generally of good health.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Good evening
what are by occupation, what do you do for living?
You could be having poly arthritis.
You need to see orthopedic specialists for further management.
For now take some analgesics like aspirin if you don't have ulcers.
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor