Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain while urination, back pain. Yeast infection confirmed. What is the treatment?

I ve been having lower back pain on the right side, since around October 26th. And I don t know what is wrong with me. It has become so bad that it hurts to just sit there sometimes, and hurts to touch it, I feel like it happens more after I get done eating and/or drinking. A while ago, I thought I had a UTI , cause it hurt to pee and I was peeing so much, but I figured out that it was a yeast infection . But thats not the problem anymore, and it still hurts to pee. Could you help?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Good Evening,

Your problem seems to most probably a renal or upper ureter calculus (stone).

If you find so much pain, then why you have not gone for proper checkup.

Though you have had a shot of UTI in recent past, that also support a renal/ureter calculus, because it obstruct the way of urine, and favors the infection.

You should have go through following investigations/steps:

- Urine R/E
- Urine Culture/Sensitivity
- X-ray KUB
- IVP (Intravenous pyelography)
- Urologist opinion.

If any renal/ureter calculus detected, then management will depend on size and situation of the stone, and surgical intervention may be needed in the form of URS or PCNL.


Dr. Naresh Jain.
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor