Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pain while folding my right knee.What is the remedy ?

Hello,My name is sudhakar and i am 29yrs old.I had an accident 6 months ago.i.e a bike rammed into the side of my right knee .I did not feel much pain then but later whenever i played cricket or any games that involves lot of running and standing,I feel a sharp pain in the right hand side knee i.e side of the knee just below the knee cap.I will have lot of difficulty folding my right knee.Pain is very severe in the first 2 days and slowly reduces after 3 days.When i am in rest,I could not feel any pain in my leg and all are normal.but whenever i play start playing.Pain starts to show up.Even driving for long distance with my knees bent will start the pain.I waited for 6 months and thought the injury will be cured but it is still there. Please advise.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  287
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi sudhakar!
from the looks of it you seem to have had a ligament injury involving the knee.Kindly do a MRI scan of the knee as early as possible and let us know.
Answered: Mon, 28 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
chances are that you have injured your meniscus, Get an MRI of knee done & send me the report at
I am an arthroscopic surgeon & by obreving your MRI, I can sugggest you whether you require an arthroscopic intervention or not
Take Care
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor