Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Pain under the rib cage. Vomiting bile. What is causing this?

Hi. I m Hanna and I m a high school student. For the past week I have been sick. My stomach is churning and I have been throwing up bile . The pain is under my right rib cage, someone told me I have alcohol poisoning, but I didnt have anything to drink. Someone else told me I may be passing gallbladder stones. My mom wants me to go to the doctor, but I m not a big fan. Should I go? Or is this just a bug going around?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

If you take alcohol than you cannot have alcohol poisoning. So that is ruled out. Secondly passing gallbladder stones in vomitus is an extremely rare possibility so that is also ruled out. What you may possibly have is an infection which would resolve if you take proper medicines and take dietary precautions like no oily or spicy food, avoid milk and milk products, take plenty of water. Meanwhile going to a doctor would be best for you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Answered: Fri, 30 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor