Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Pain under shoulder blade, left side of back. Taking advil, rubbing ben gray. Treatment?

I have had severe pain under my shoulder blade on the left side in my back. It hurts worse when I am sitting at my computer or at a dining table. I was told it was a pulled muscle and I have been taking Advil and rubbing Ben Gay on the area for nearly 7 weeks. I only receive temporary relief. Hardly notice it when I am in bed? Please help. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  325
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Tapruitt,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you might be having scapular muscle spasm due to stretching of that muscle.
In this case some time pain reliever is not enough but one has to take muscle relaxant medicine as well.
So take muscle relaxant like Dan-MR or Robinexol tablet.
You can do hot fomentation or short way diathermy.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor