Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain under rib while taking deep breath, unable to sneeze, pain while turning in bed, no acidity problems

Hi I am 30 yrs old , I am having pain in right side under ribs while taking deep breath, don t have caught , not able to sneeze since there is more stress on the pain area some time fear that nerves that pain area may break. Very painful if I turn either side while on bed, can you please tell me what could be the reason. I don t have acidity problem.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1660
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Pain on the right side has many causes. But as there is increase in pain while taking deep breath or sneezing; it points towards Pleuritis.
Pleuritis is inflammation of outer covering of lung.
Even pleural effusion or pneumothorax can also cause such pain.
Another cause is cholecystitis i.e gall bladder inflammation.
Sometimes pancreas inflammation also causes similar pain.
Is there any history of trauma-which is commonest of all.

To come to diagnosis, you can consult doctor. Get X-ray chest done to rule out effusion /pneumothorax.
Get ultrasound done to rule out cholecystitis or pancreas inflammation.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Answered: Sat, 26 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pulmonologist Dr. Shashi Dangwal's  Response
There are many reasons for pain on the rt side of chest. You have not described your symptoms fully. Are you suffering from fever, cough or did you sustain any trauma on that side? Your pain appears to be pleuritic in nature or it could be muscular pain due to some strain like vigorous exercise or due to rib fracture if you have had any injury in the recent past. Some times this kind of pain can be because of disease of liver or gall bladder. You should atleast get an xray of the chest done which can help in establishing a diagnosis. Depending on the xray report your physician/pulmonologist can treat you or guide you further.
Answered: Sat, 26 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor