Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Pain under eyelid, yellow pus in tear duct. Could you diagnose this?

For the last couple of days the area under my eyelid towards my nose/ forehead just above the tear duct area has been hurting when I shut my eye or touch near the area on my eyelid. This morning when I woke up I noticed it was hurting more then usual and also that its now swollen. I went to a mirror and noticed yellow puss in the area around my tear duct and I suspect that It came from whatever is causing my discomfort and was moved there while my eye was closed when I was sleeping. Could you diagnose this? And let me know how I could treat it?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Oley,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you might have infected stye or Acute infection in your naso lacrimal duct causing swelling of opening of the duct.
Put antibiotic eye drops 3-4 hourly.
Go for antibiotic medicine after consulting your doctor.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor